[xoreos-devel] Xoreos: What is your goal?

Ray Maloney darkholmephone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 06:55:24 CET 2016

>Primary Goal: Port Games to other platforms
Ah. gotcha.

Well, NWN *HAS* a Linux client, and I thought it also had a mac client. I'm
not sure about the others.

>but not just Linux
Do you want them on Android? I can't imagine they'd be very playable on
Android.

>Overhauled UI and Controls out of Scope.
Well, they'd be appreciated if ever reasonably attainable. Even if it's
just a properly scaled UI to the monitor resolution.

>Rebalancing the game's data files and removing some hardcoded obstacles
would be more work than building a whole new game and editor from nothing.
I would certainly beg to differ on that one. I don't expect I'll ever have
the manpower to make a whole game like NWN1 in any kind of reasonable
timeframe. But rewriting tables of data, and rescripting some active class
abilities and spells, I could definitely do.

I wish you luck with your engine-emulation, and will check on your progress
from time to time. BTW it appears your engine has gone down.