[xoreos-devel] (no subject)

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Sun Jan 27 17:24:06 CET 2019

On 2019-01-27 16:57:00 +0100, Petko Hupka wrote:
> What will be the intention of Xoreos in future, in future when you complete
> it.
> will it be ordinary game engine, what allows you to program whatever you
> just want

No.

> or will it be an engine that allows you to edit, creating or
> making mods in Kotor or Nwn and other games what you have in Games section
> on your home page?

Yes, in part.

The primary goal is to have a portable, FLOSS engine that can run the
games on any platform you can imagine.

Opening up the games to more modding is a secondary goal.

> And how are you planning to Xoreos UI will looks like in future.

My current plans are to use https://github.com/ocornut/imgui for the
GUI (and also to replace the current debug console we have with dear
imgui). So I expect that the general look will be something like the
screenshots at https://github.com/ocornut/imgui#gallery .

The look will be nothing like any of the games xoreos supports. Both
for legal reasons (we can't use any of the orginal artwork, of
course), and because the games themselves look different from each
other.

I.e. it's going to be similar to, say, ScummVM, which has a launcher
that is its own thing.