[xoreos-devel] Updates on Xoreos blog lacking

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Tue Apr 24 12:58:21 CEST 2018

Hej!

On 2018-04-24 09:28:36 +0200, John Bash-on-ger wrote:
> it has been a while since the last blog post update on https://xoreos.org/.
> <https://xoreos.org/>
> Usually there is a new blog post in the end of a year.
> But the last one is from 2016.

Yes, I unfortunately didn't find the time to post an update on
Thanksgiving last year.

> Please write a blog post detailing all the new stuff everyone's been
> working on and bugs fixed. If it's not much just post that.

There were some things that have been worked on, yes. Not as much as I
would have liked, because I was quite busy, but other people did
contribute to xoreos.

Writing an update blog posts also takes time and concentration, and
with my schedule bogged down, I haven't yet found both in enough
amounts to actually sit down and write something up. To give some
ball-park numbers: writing the initial post usually takes me several
hours, and with editing, proof-reading by several people (who are also
busy with other things and can't answer immediately), looking for a
few good images, etc., this grows to about a day's work.

However, I did keep the ChangeLog files up-to-date, mostly.
So you can look at a these files here to get a general overview:
https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos/blob/master/ChangeLog
https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos-tools/blob/master/ChangeLog

(And yes, a new release is also in order. I meant to do that already,
but, well, time. Getting everything ready there, cross-compiling
binary packages, etc. is also about a day's work. And that's ignoring
the openSUSE Build Service stuff that I used to create Linux packages
for multiple distributions, because my set-up there is completely
broken at the moment.)

Yes, the ChangeLogs don't give a huge behind-the-scenes look, and
doesn't account for things that are not yet ready, but it's all I can
offer right now.

Cheers,
Sven