[xoreos-devel] KotOR animations

Vsevolod Kremianskii vkremianskii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 02:40:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

Made some progress on KotOR animations. Commit from my latest PR enables
xoreos to load position/orientation controllers from KotOR models.
Compressed quaternions and 19 data column position controllers are not
handled atm, though it seems to work OK with character models already. One
problem I noticed is that characters fall through the ground when animated.
Not sure what would be the right way to fix that (using bounding box
maybe?).

> The only reasonable way to implement this is by vertex shader.
> (Thats how its done in jade and probably in kotor too.)
> This means we need to wait for mirv to finish his shader rework.

As for the skeletal animation, I was thinking about making a separate
vertex buffer per each animation time key for the time being (at model

Regards,
Vsevolod