[xoreos-devel] question on NWN2 capability

Rowan Dersault rowan.dersault at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:07:20 CET 2014

I am currently exploring combining the Oculus Rift with Neverwinter
Nights.  I'm not trying to make a Rift-compatible version.  That would be
WAY more work than I have time for.  But I was wondering how hard it would
be to read in some of the scenery and objects from a NWN campaign and
translate them into an RIFT-compatible object model like the Unity engine.
Then at least you could wander around like an immersive tourist.

I was hoping I might be able to use Xoreos to do the reading of NWN files
into an object model, and, as I understand it, Xoreos in it's current state
can be pointed at some files and it can read them in.

But I am actually more interested in NWN2, and I know that Xoreos is not
nearly as far along in supporting NWN2.  The wiki says only "initial model
support".  Does that mean it will load files into a model?  Or is there a
couple pieces missing before it can do that?

Rowan