[xoreos-devel] Hello together

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Wed Dec 4 14:12:33 CET 2013

Hej hej!

On 2013-12-04 13:46:21 +0100, Daniel Schöni wrote:
>  First of all, is this project still active?

Well, theoretically yes. I haven't really done much for it lately,
though (for various reasons). But I am of course still interested in
it.

> Because you need opengl-developers, is
> there a special case that you are not using an existing 3d-engine like ogre?

Yes:
https://github.com/xoreos/xoreos/blob/master/FAQ.md#have-you-tried-using-ogre3d-as-your-3d-engine

I have also looked a bit into Irrlicht, but haven't found a way it
would let me to easily rebuild OpenGL objects like textures and the
like after a resolution switch.

Of course, if you maybe have more of a clue there and can get an
existing 3D engine playing nice with xoreos, I'd be quite happy about
that. :)

Cheers
Sven