[xoreos-devel] 0.0.6 release video

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Wed Mar 13 08:37:55 CET 2019

Hej!

On 2019-03-13 11:54:35 +0700, Vsevolod Kremianskii wrote:
> What are our plans for the next release, @DrMcCoy?

Hmm, yeah, I guess it would be time again for another release
soon-ish; it's been 8 months.

For the name, if we're going to continue with the alphabetical and
game release order, 0.0.6 would get a name beginning with "E" from
Neverwinter Nights 2.

"Elanee" would be my suggestion. :)

> I would like to try
> recording a release video similiar to what OpenMW team does.

That would be very great, yes :D

In the past, I did a few straight-up recordings of xoreos running, but
I have no idea about video editing or proper presentation.

> For starters, I could go over PRs after 0.0.5 and draft a scenario for you
> to review.

Sure. I also should go over the commit histories to update our
ChangeLogs. Maybe I you can then use the ChangeLogs as a base for what
to record? I usually use them as a base for the text in the NEWS.md
and the release announcements.

Oh, and I should see if I forgot to copy over commits from one repo to
another, in cases where it applies.

Btw, please also mention the xoreos-tools and Phaethon in your release
video. I'd still like these sub-projects to become a draw for modders
of the original games.

Cheers,
Sven