[xoreos-devel] Proposal of a new class design for KotOR games

Sven Hesse drmccoy at drmccoy.de
Sat Feb 23 11:52:23 CET 2019

On 2019-02-23 10:06:12 +0700, Vsevolod Kremianskii wrote:
> Creature class should only represent the physical object within an area.
> All stats and equipment information should be moved to a separate structure
> (CreatureInfo?).

Hmm, maybe that can be combined with making the code future-proof for
a client-server split?

Neverwinter Nights has all ingame objects split into two classes, one
for the server and one for the client. Only the client structures
contain the model, for example.

From what I've seen, the later games continue to do that.

> All creatures should be owned by an area. Module should only own the info
> of the party members and recreate their characters on every area change.

That would probably make the handling easier, yeah.

> Management of the party leader should probably be moved to a separate class
> (PlayerController?).

Make sense.

> CharacterGenerationInfo should be moved outside the GUI folder and should
> not have responsibility of creating a character or a model.

Yes, makes sense as well.