[xoreos-devel] Start problems

jbowtie jbowtie at amathaine.com
Wed Sep 12 04:52:14 CEST 2012

---- On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:57:23 +1200 Sven Hesse  wrote ----

>Luckily, I have been approached by another person, Kirill, who has
>kindly offered to do just that, beginning in mid-September, if his
>time permits.

That's really good to know; I might switch from emitters to the walkmesh in that case - I really don't want to finish the emitters work only to rewrite most of it in a month. The bulk of the work is a particle engine, which might be a lot easier to implement with a shader.

Looking at the wiki, I'd say it should be fairly simple to add support for animations to the ASCII parser - some of the non-human animations are in ASCII format, so they're not overriding the human-scale ones.

Also, when we look at overhauling the OpenGL bits we should look at the work the NWNShaders team did; I'm pretty sure they've already rewritten all the shaders in GLSL.